Video After The Jump
The 15 minutes of fame Detroit rapper T-Baby received when her video was shown during a recent episode of Beavis & Butt-Head, has turned into a nightmare.
T-Baby's video "It's So Cold In the D" first gained fame 3 years ago when it was uploaded to youtube, but it wasn't until the Beavis & Butt-Head episode aired did it take off nationally. Since then the rapper says she's been receiving threatening racist text messages.
Now she is afraid for her safety and that of her son.
"I feel in a lost situation because I have no one but my son ... but I refuse to stop," she said. "Only way I can show how I am here to stay is keep doing my thing."
T-Baby refuses to go to police because she says she's not a snitch.
What would you do in her situation? Check out the clip from Beavis and Butthead for yourself: CLICK HERE!
The "Huff-Post" has done nothing but flood my Twitter feed with top ten lists and then re-posts them all day giving me a sense of constant deja vu. Here is my top ten lists of their top ten lists*.
10. The Top Ten New Wheat Thin Flavors of 2011 (including: Honey & Sweet Taters and Car Battery).
9. The Top Ten Ways to Breath Through Your Two Nostrils.
8. The Top Ten News Stories on How to Cure Monkey-Butt After a Large Meal With People You Distrust.
7. Cottage Cheese and You: The Top Ten Ways To Not Seem Eager Under $0.99.
6. The Top Ten Ways Skrillex Made It Drop in 2011.
5. The Top Ten Ways You Complained About X96 Playing Adele in 2011.
4. The Top Ten Bands No One Ever Heard of on The Warped Tour 2011 Whose Names Were Under 17 Words.
3. The Top Ten Pho Places in Salt Lake City Open on Sundays.
2. X'ed Out: Ten Ways X96 Was Unable to Xploit The Letter "X" or Words Starting With "X" in 2011.
1. Occupy Where Ever: Ten People Who Didn't Care and Went to See Cake on December 13th at Saltair for the X96 Nightmare Before Xmas Show.
*May not be actual lists.
A major windstorm ripped through Davis and Weber Counties this morning, and I was hit pretty hard. The damage at my house was limited to my garage doors and fences, and the rest of the neighborhood suffered the same results. Below are some photographs of the damage.
Damage in my neighborhood.
My back yard.
My garage door was ripped off and destroyed. It smacked into the back of our vehicles.
My neighbor's shingle was blown through the fence!
This is part of my neighbor's fence impaled in an old squash. The winds were so strong that you could lean completely against it, and it would hold you up. I hope you survived without a lot of property damage.
On Sunday, my family and I went to the Living Planet Aquarium to experience Penguin Encounters. Penguins are cute as hell, and if you pay $25, you can go into a private room in the penguin habitat and mingle with them. This is very controlled, and our group only had a total of five people, and they take excellent care of their penguins at the Living Planet Aquarium. These little guys are very curious, and they came waddling in as soon as the door was open. They are curious by nature, and it was an amazing experience to be right next to a bunch of penguins. Photos are posted below.
Yeah, we were all smiling and having a great time with the little penguins.
Yesterday, X96 and Iggy's in Layton held an ALL DAY show to help collect food donations for the Utah Food Bank this Holiday Season.
During the day, X96 listeners were invited to drop off food supplies, turkeys and cash to help meet the needs of the Utah Food Bank.
Here are the results:
- 1,652 pounds of donated food items - 900 pounds of donated Turkeys
- $310.00 in cash
Congratulations and BIG thanks to everyone who helped "fill the pantry" for those in need. May you and your families enjoy a wonderful time together this Thanksgiving !
- Anthony Magallanes (X96 Promotion Director)
|First Page||Previous Page||Next Page||Last Page|