The "Huff-Post" has done nothing but flood my Twitter feed with top ten lists and then re-posts them all day giving me a sense of constant deja vu. Here is my top ten lists of their top ten lists*.
10. The Top Ten New Wheat Thin Flavors of 2011 (including: Honey & Sweet Taters and Car Battery).
9. The Top Ten Ways to Breath Through Your Two Nostrils.
8. The Top Ten News Stories on How to Cure Monkey-Butt After a Large Meal With People You Distrust.
7. Cottage Cheese and You: The Top Ten Ways To Not Seem Eager Under $0.99.
6. The Top Ten Ways Skrillex Made It Drop in 2011.
5. The Top Ten Ways You Complained About X96 Playing Adele in 2011.
4. The Top Ten Bands No One Ever Heard of on The Warped Tour 2011 Whose Names Were Under 17 Words.
3. The Top Ten Pho Places in Salt Lake City Open on Sundays.
2. X'ed Out: Ten Ways X96 Was Unable to Xploit The Letter "X" or Words Starting With "X" in 2011.
1. Occupy Where Ever: Ten People Who Didn't Care and Went to See Cake on December 13th at Saltair for the X96 Nightmare Before Xmas Show.
*May not be actual lists.
First, thanks to everyone who submitted and though all are worthy there can only be so many. Here are the 12 bands selected by the judges. You can hear all 12 songs from the bands and start voting at midnight on X96.com and Facebook so get ready to start spamming your friends and family for support. The top five bands will compete on October 1st at Graywhale for the opening spot of the 2011 X96 Big Ass Show at the Gallivan Center.
Riverhead "A Right Time For Everything"
The Suicycles "Speaking in Tongues"
The Last Look "Sengsucht"
Long Distance Operator "Heavy Hands"
Numbskull Trio "She's a Bitch"
Veggie Stew "#1 Fan"
Jupiter "My Addiction"
Iron Birds "Heartless Eyes"
Golden Sun "Leucadia"
Double or Nothing "This Bottle"
Dirty Blonde "Take It All Away"
DDJ "Light It Up"
Thanks again for all of your submissions,
Tonight I am featuring a surprisingly great song called "Sehnsucht" by The Last Look. You can listen to the song again and download their three song EP for free by clicking here. They didn't tell me much about themselves so I assume they are a deviant bunch with reptile instincts and a love for the open sea...or you could just go and get the real scoop on their facebook page by clicking the pic of the band below:
Thanks for supporting the local talent..
|First Page||Previous Page|